2011 was a huge year for hockey in Canada. One team made it to the NHL finals, and one team made its way back home – the Winnipeg Jets!
Yet, the question remains, why are there only 7 Canadian teams, when by comparison, the US has 23!
Aren’t Canadians the most devout followers of the sport? Don’t Canadians pump copious amounts of money into the game?
Former NHLPA executive director Paul Kelly is quoted as saying: “The six (now 7) Canadian franchises do so well, they pack the buildings, get great TV, great revenue streams. If you put another team up there, be it in Nova Scotia or Hamilton, it would be more of the same.”
And with that, we introduce the newest design contest.
Choose any Canadian city, and create a team name, logo, and jersey concept.
The rules are simple:
– Create a team name (must be based on a Canadian city)
– Create a team logo and jersey design
– Design a home and away jersey. Alternate jersey is a optional bonus.
– Only 1 concept per person.
– Must use all original art. Do not borrow from existing or past jerseys.
– All submissions due by: March 4
** The winner will get their jersey produced, or can opt for $100 in cash **
Submit all concepts to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us for updates: